Tuesday 22 May 2012

Rules Of Civility

This book review has been a while in the making, life has been getting in the way of my blogging of late.

Rules Of Civility has been described as; "stylish"; "delicious"; "memorable" and "sparkling" and I'd have to say: I agree. This novel is set in New York City in 1938; with a soundtrack of jazz bands. It tells the story of three friends: Katey Kontent, Eve Ross and Tinker Grey who meet in a bar on New Year's Eve,1937 and this meeting changes the course of there lives forever. There's a love triangle, great characters, a spectacular setting and nods to society and politics of the time. I don't want to give too much away because it really is a great read, other reviews I have read have compared it with The Great Gatsby and needless to say that is now on my reading list. 



So if you are looking to be swept away to another time, another world with interesting characters that are full of life and intrigue then you can't go wrong with Rules Of Civility!

Jxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type here to share your lovely comments! x